Data Privacy Automation
Data privacy automation replaces the manual tasks of privacy management and data inventory with automated capabilities. Because many data privacy requirements and consumer rights span multiple technologies and company staff, automation provides the only clear method for organizations to scale to global privacy requirements.
Why is Data Privacy Automation Needed?
- The volume and variety of personal information an organization holds.
- Automation to support reliable consent and subject rights processing.
- Support for repeatable and predictable privacy processes.
- On-demand intelligence on privacy readiness and incidents.
How Does a Company Implement Data Privacy Automation?
- Create in-house custom code and scripts.
- Supplement manual processes with custom privacy tools.
- Outsource privacy to a service provider.
- Implement a data privacy automation solution.
Here are additional resources to learn more about Data Privacy Automation:
- Forrester, “The Forrester New Wave™: GDPR And Privacy Management Software, Q4 2018”
- Gartner Research, “Hype Cycle for Privacy, 2018”
- IAPP Resources, 2019 Tech Vendor Report
You just learned about the Data Privacy Automation, now explore related terms like Data Privacy Best Practices, the NIST Data Privacy Framework, and Data Privacy Solutions and Tools.