Integris Software Delivers Industry’s First Data Subject Request Solution that Doesn’t Require Creating Copies of Customer Data
New solution helps enterprises fulfill data subject requests (DSRs) for GDPR and CCPA while complying with privacy and security by design principles
SEATTLE, Wash. – September 10, 2019 – Integris Software, the global leader in data privacy automation, just released its new DSR (Data Subject Request) solution. Integris DSR helps enterprises tackle the most resource-intensive aspect of complying with data privacy regulations – finding a data subject’s personal information across large and diverse data ecosystems.
Regulations like GDPR and CCPA mandate that companies respect and respond to data subject rights, like the “right to be forgotten.” Achieving basic compliance requires that companies understand what personal information they have, where it’s located, and for what purpose it’s used. Historically, data inventory processes have been dominated by the manual application of data owner surveys and spreadsheets, but that approach is no longer sufficient.
DSRs push manual processes to their breaking point. Not only in the staffing resources needed to manually search hundreds or thousands of systems for each DSR, but also in the accuracy and completeness required to be defensible with regulators. Fulfilling DSRs is a big data problem and a new approach is required to process petabytes of data, extract key data points and understand the relationships between them. Automated mapping solutions, like Integris Software, allow companies to stay in continuous compliance and respond to data subject requests in an accurate and timely manner.
“With CCPA upon us in the next year followed by many other regulations close behind, it’s imperative that companies implement an automated way of handling data subject requests or risk becoming overwhelmed handling them manually,” said Integris Software CEO Kristina Bergman. “By using Integris DSR, companies will know which data elements they have on a consumer, where they are held, and for what purpose, enabling them to respond quickly and confidently, while still adhering to privacy and security by design principles.”
Integris Software’s new DSR Solution overcomes these challenges by automating the discovery and classification of personal information across all data sources (cloud, on-prem, streaming) and then providing deep search functionality to locate data subjects across thousands of systems.
“Modern data privacy and protection regulations such as GDPR and CCPA have inadvertently created a paradox in which organizational attempts to fulfill data subject requests (DSRs) can occasionally result in the exposure of sensitive data to additional unnecessary parties: particularly when duplicate data is generated,” said Paige Bartley, Senior Analyst, Data, AI & Analytics at 451 Research. “Integris Software’s privacy-by-design DSR methodology minimizes this risk, and provides a highly-defensible approach to meeting data privacy requirements via its ability to pinpoint sensitive data – regardless of whether or not it is tied to a user ID – across data sources both in-motion and at-rest.”
Integris DSR is fast, accurate, and follows the principles of privacy by design. The system also includes many industry firsts, including:
- PI Surface Area Reduction: An inventory risk assessment and remediation process that isolates systems that contain PI, then maps attributes, categories, purposes and sources back to each data subject to reduce a company’s data exposure
- DSR Lifecycle Management: Provides easy to use DSR lifecycle management for request intake, workflow management and response generation processes. It also offers API integration for companies to combine with existing intake tools and ITSM systems.
- Data Subject Validation: When a company receives a DSR, they can easily confirm that a data subject exists within their data ecosystem to begin their workflow process, and also know if the subject is classified in different personas through just-in-time ID search (e.g. customer, employee, or vendor).
- Data Subject Deep Search: The first and only search feature that quickly identifies a data subject’s relevant PI (personal information) across all data sources, tables, and files. It utilizes machine learning and contextual awareness to operate at the data element level to discover PI, even if it’s not tied to a user ID.
- Remediation and Validation: Provides additional metadata and event orchestration support for end-to-end workflows (e.g. deletion) to deliver an audit trail with validation that demonstrates compliance. Combining sampling scans and deep search capabilities also enables companies to achieve faster DSR defensibility.
For more information on Integris DSR:
- Join our webinar: How to Prepare for a DSR “Denial of Service Attack” on October 23, 9 am PT
- Visit the Integris DSR solution web page
- Download the white paper: Solving Data Subject Rights’ Big Data Problem: Four recommendations plus the one thing you should never do
About Integris Software
Integris Software, the global leader in data privacy automation, helps enterprises discover and control the use of sensitive data in a way that protects privacy and fuels innovation.
Privacy is now critical to an effective data protection strategy. By sitting upstream from security, Integris tells you what data is important and why so you can be precise in your InfoSec controls.
Integris works securely, at scale, no matter where sensitive data resides. You get a live map of your sensitive data where you can apply policies, surface issues, fulfill DSAR requests, and automate remediations via your broader ticketing and InfoSec ecosystem.
Regulations like GDPR and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) are triggering knee-jerk reactions as companies lock down their data for fear of misuse. With Integris, there is finally a way to use your data without fear.
RH Strategic for Integris Software